The objectives of the labs are to set up a community of practice and create a bi-directional flow of information between multi-actor communities, develop capacities, identify successful practices and provide input and feedback, as well as testing and trialing the SRT framework (WP4), the SmartCulTour Game (WP7) and the SmartCulTour Platform (WP5). Specifically, the Labs will:
- Provide a structure and design protocols to engage multiple stakeholders, representing different perspectives and interests;
- Raise awareness and develop capacities of stakeholders for the implementation of relevant international standards, using methodologies and tools developed within the framework of UNESCO;
- Assist the co-creation of the context-specific SRT frameworks, the SmartCulTour Game and Platform, through dialogue, reflection and learning;
- Provide, discuss and evaluate the state-of-the-art (WP3);
- Remove major barriers for the uptake of potentially successful cultural tourism interventions;
- Measure the effects of cultural tourism and cultural tourism interventions on sustainability and resilience, via the SRT framework.